Monday, September 14, 2009

Phone Pole


8x8 oil on canvas
nfs

I just confirmed this morning that I'm doing a show in May at my favorite restaurant here in Athens. Yay! It's a great venue for art because not only does the artwork look good on the walls, but everybody in town goes to Casa to eat or drink at least once a week, so the artwork gets great exposure.


This painting goes with on that I did this summer (July 15th post), and hope to do more of a series of. I like them as 8x8s, but I think they will look good larger too. I just can't decide how much larger yet. For some reason, anything I paint on 12x12 doesn't work as well, so I'm thinking I've got to go up to 16" or 20". I don't know, I'm still thinking about it.




1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Mary Ellen! That's super news. We're enjoying your blog very much. Love, Robin

    ReplyDelete